I was unsure about when to fly over, knowing that orientation was on 17th. I ended up booking it in a rush as aerlingus were doing a sale on their US flights so I booked it for 12th.
I have been in contact with a few other people going on the exchange on facebook, as a page had been set up especially for us to join. Another girl Emily is going to fly out the same day and we have arranged to stay with a host family.
The link to the website is here: http://solanabeachhostfamilies.org/
They were really nice, and agreed to house us together. They matched us with a really nice couple who are going to collect us from LAX and we will stay with them until 17th when we can move in to I-House. This is an absolutely free service so it is fantastic. A massive relief for my mother (!) and saves Emily and me loads of hassle and expense as we would have had to arrange transport down to San Diego from LAX and also would have to have stayed in a hotel. La Jolla is a posh and pricey area so that would have set us back a good bit!
Our family sound super nice. Francie Murphy is the name of the woman (how irish can you get??) whos grandfather was an immigrant irishman so she was able to get irish citizenship through him. She is big into her irish roots and is taking irish classes over in california so she is excited to have an irish student... she wants to take me to her class like show and tell haha this is going to be hilarious!
She used to be an anchorwoman and reporter and knows loads of ppl in TV and Radio in LA so is going to take Emily up to them as Emily is really interested in Radio. I definitely want to tag along, it sounds so cool!
I'll update this one when i arrive...
22 days til I fly out, i am SOOOOO excited its unbelieveable!!!!!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment